Opening

On Sept 9, 2017 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Chisinau, Moldova to work with the New Hope Moldova team to share the gospel by working to restore the physical and spiritual needs of the Gypsie community in that country. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing our lives and impacting the people of Moldova on this blog

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Balti

Day 1-2 We were in Balti, the clinic was able to treat over 100 people during the two days we were there. There was a great need for not only medical attention but also the ability for our team to deliver spiritual guidance and uplifting to their hearts, minds, and souls. The people that come and wait to be seen greet you with love and smiles. Their eyes say what my ears can not understand. I'm touched over and over again with God's great abilities. The stories and the ailments are unique to their culture and often times they tell me of a curse being put upon them when they are young. The gypsy community is large and very vocal here. It was an amazing opportunity to shed some light upon their beliefs in a non threatening way. Educating about hygiene as well as their specific illness or affliction is often times rebuked, yet the seeds are planted. What a powerful gift that is, in the midst of the uncertainty in their eyes. It's as if the dimmer switch starts to be turned up and the light of Christ is able to get in.


As many of the readers of this blog know, we had three bags that didn't show up at first from our connection in Rome, then after 4 agonizing hours in customs we had another four bags detained in customs. It's hard knowing how many supplies that you brought to help people aren't there. Not only are they not there but you are uncertain if you will EVER get them to the intended target. When your patient is there in need of something you know you brought, yet can't get it feels so heavy on your heart. I felt helpless, and for a brief moment I felt despair. But what can you do but call upon the name of Jesus? What can you say other than you understand and you will and can do your best to help them. You can pray. Psalm 107:6 reads Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. When I didn't know what to do or what to say I thought of this and I just prayed that God would continue to allow us to do his work. We talked with other team members and they quoted stories of how God could feed with 5 fish...WE lifted each other up in the middle of what seemed to be crisis, and you know what....we didn't run out of supplies. God was so good to us that the bags and the suitcases that did come thru had all of our equipment to check blood pressure and blood sugar. WE were able to provide them with prayer and bibles in either Russian or Romanian. I had women come back for ladies night because they said they felt the heat of the holy spirit flowing through my hands in the name of Jesus when I touched them and prayed. They were essentially hungry for the Lord and to know more! I have no way of ever knowing if that would have happened or been the same had we not faced any of the adversity that we did, but what I do know is that my faith in the POWER of the HOLY spirit was being renewed. I couldn't have found a bad mood if I had tried.


What I have learned is that God leads us to still waters to hear him, to allow us to be renewed in the holy word. He tests us at times, but not to fail. It's in order for us to grow and to be set free from the limitations our own minds create.


I thank him for the ability to serve here in Moldova and for the strength and courage to step out when he called for me to step up in my faith. I'm blown away with how powerful he is, how seeing his word came to life before my eyes, and how completely he loves in HIS love for each of us.


( I know I'm behind on my days, but exhaustion hits when you least expect it. lol ) forgive me and thank you for loving us and supporting us during this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment