Opening

On Sept 9, 2017 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Chisinau, Moldova to work with the New Hope Moldova team to share the gospel by working to restore the physical and spiritual needs of the Gypsie community in that country. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing our lives and impacting the people of Moldova on this blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Hello from Moldova,

There are so many topics I could blog about. This mission trip was difficult for me personally from the moment that I decided to say yes and commit to going. Fundraising was a chore, it was harder this year than it has been any other time. Most of the people that spoke to me about it, questioned where Moldova was as a country. Never hearing of it seemed to take over the conversation, but it never really seemed to ignite the spirit of giving. Falling short on that only made me feel as though I must not be hearing from the Lord and so maybe I wasn't meant to go...now I see not only was it a test in my faith, but also my humility and vulnerability.

God teaches us that in order to be able to understand and to grow closer to the heart of our father is to extend love. In Hebrews 10:24, Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.

My desire is to be motivated in Christ Love, and to have the ability to come back home and to help spread the good news of what Oleg and his team through Christ are doing for Moldova.

No comments:

Post a Comment